Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Monday, December 13, 2004

Delrin Project Update: Info from JM...

From: jean-michel
Subject: delrin brake a follow up
 
Hi Chuck
 
I am back from Sweden, the trip was OK but cold :-)
Welcome back! Cold here this morning!

on the Delrin brake topic , here are pics of a speedy pro I have just spotted on e-bay France : a speedy pro dated 1978 with ... a metal brake !

mine is date 1977 and have the delrin brake ! confusing isn't it ;-)

I don't make up this stuff! I just report it...

but Omega had perhaps introduced the Delrin Brake in production during the 77-78 period which might explain why you can find in 77-78 period both types of brakes ...

any oppinions ?

I agree with you, this might be a transition period when they switched over in bit's and spurts. I'll keep it in mind when updating the Delrin Project.

cheers

JM

Thank you for your efforts JM!

Here are a couple of additional pictures JM sent me:

-- C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home