Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

RSS aware Browser users can subscribe to this blog!

You ever wonder what this little icon in your browser's status bar is? It is a symbol that indicates that the web page you are viewing has an RSS feed. This means you can elect to subscribe to a page indicated by this icon (as shown below):

by creating a bookmark. After you've subscribed your browser will ask you where you wish to place this bookmark. Thereafter, if you wish to check to see if there are any updates to that page, you only have to look at the bookmark and:

You can easily see if the page has been updated my looking at the live bookmarks generated automatically by your browser working in conjunction with the webpage, without loading any pages. This can be a great time saver for you, especally if you are on a low-speed connection to the internet.

Both my Blog and the one that Robert-Jan Broer hosts at the Fratello Watches can be subscribed to by many modern browsers. As you can tell by my screen snaps I use Mozilla Firefox 1.0 as my default browser.

Give it a whirl, I think you will find it useful!

-- C.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home