Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Monday, December 27, 2004

Yet another c.33xx failure announced on TZOF:

Another new c.33xx problem announced in the TimeZone Omega Forum this morning:

 
chris (From Ohio) Posts:Okay, I'm mildly upset. My 2nd ACC has developed "the problem". Yes boys and girls.. [Dec 26, 2004 - 05:57 PM]

Okay, I'm mildly upset. My 2nd ACC has developed "the problem". Yes boys and girls.. ..the crono minute counter jumps to "1" minute when started and doesn't go ANYWHERE ELSE except back to "0" when reset. *sigh*

I thought I was safe this time....

Oh well. Teach me not to listen to Chuck.

Chris

 
Richard371 Replies:About how long did it take to develop? [Dec 27, 2004 - 01:33 PM]

About how long did it take to develop? About how many days or times did you use it before this happened? The first one I had failed after 2 days. The second one I have used everyday for 6 months and no prob.

 
chris (From Ohio) Replies to Richard371: Richard- The first one I had went kooky after 2 months I think. I've had this one for [Dec 27, 2004 - 03:00 PM]

Richard- The first one I had went kooky after 2 months I think. I've had this one for about 10 months and used the chrono probably 3-4 times per week. It went bad yesterday. BTW, my watchmaker of 35 years explained to me that the way the spring is arranged the problem is just waiting to happen. He fixed the first one in about 2 minutes. I think I may just take this one to him too. Chris

 
While I am genuinely sorry that Chris is experiencing problems with his second c.33xx I doubt many people are surprised at this point. As Chris's watchmaker explained, this movement is an accident just waiting to happen. How long before Omega fess's up to the defeciencies of this movement family and either fixes, ALL of them, or drop them for something superior? I can't think of many chronograph movements that have a better track record of durability and reliability than the c.33xx.

-- Chuck


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home