Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Jean-Michael frets about Speedmaster Addiction...

JM sent me this email message and pictures:


My dear "speedfan" friends

I think I am turning "addicted" to the speedy ;-)

After receiving back my good old speedy 145.022 from Bienne , it was looking so nice that I think it was a pitty to keep it in it's "beater" task : this watch follows me in my sports activity since the 90's and I confess that I have swim, motorbike, ski, parachute dive ... with it , it endure perfectly the task but its look was a little bit messy after so much action ... but now when I am looking to the beauty with its display back fitted I could not continue to have it as a "beater" ....

hum how to replace it ? I also have 2 other beaters: my Sinn 142 Ti and Sinn 156 B .... perfect "action" watches but not a slim as the speedy which for certain activity is not perfect (for motorbiking I do not like think watches which are not nice to wear under the riding gloves and for parachute diving instructors refuse students wearing too thick watches)

I think about the replacement of my speedy and the only conclusion was .... finding another speedy !!! I just find a 145.0022 of 1997 in very good condition on e-bay , I have choosen the "basic" version because it will be assigned to "action" : I prefer hesalite crystal over any other because scratches can be polished off and there is less risk to brake the crystal under a high shock ....

here are two shots of my little speedy familly (still not on the pic the flightmaster and the X33) ... I am now with 7 speedies hum , I think I turn addicted !!!!

cheers

JM


Well, I don't see any Speedmaster Quartz, no Speedsonics, no Bullheads, no Mark Series, Tutonics or c.1045's no 125's... I'm up to at least oh gosh... 28 Speedmasters I believe.

It's not a bad start...

Thanks for the pictures, JM!

C

P.S. Be sure to pay JM's websites a visit. Always worth the time!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home