Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Watch Carefully (18k Speedy go-to guy)'s articles:

One of the of the many people I've had the pleasure to cross paths with in my few years is "Watch Carefully" the handle (or nickname) for C. Bradley Jacobs. While a lot of people contact me about Speedmasters, most don't realize that I'm not a big fan of Gold or Two-Tone watches. I have a few "exceptions that break the rule, but for the most part my collection consists of mono-toned watches of the black/silvery variety such as Titanium, Stainless Steel and various flavors of PVD coated Stainless Steel. Brad has been my "Go-To" guy for Gold Speedmasters.

Yesterday, I received a query on the current value of the late 1960's 18k Speedmasters, so I dutifully forwarded the query to Brad, and he replied pointing the questioner to his website which has a listing of the article's he's written:

Because Brad's article's are listed in reverse chronological order, and his article on the 18k Speedmasters was the first article he had published, The 1969 Omega Speedmaster Professional Apollo XI Commemorative Wristwatch in 18k Gold appears at the bottom of his page. While most of Brad's articles are not Chronograph related, Brad's top-notch writing and photos make the site well worth visiting. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, Brad put an update last year on 18k Speedmaster values in his article...

Thank's Brad for being there to lend an assist!

-- Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home