Chuck Maddox’s Watch Blog

This page is a journal of my journey in the field of Horology, which is timekeeping. In other words, watch collecting. Which in my case is the collecting of chronograph watches. To contact me, email me at: cmaddox3@sbcglobal.net .

Name:
Location: Chicagoland, United States

The Extremely wordy version of my Resumé is located here: http://home.xnet.com/~cmaddox/resume.html

Friday, July 06, 2007

A emailer asks “Where's a good source for NATO straps?”

An emailer asks: “Chuck, Where's a good place to buy NATO Straps?”

It occured to me that while I had some ideas for sources, I don't know that anyone has compiled a list of said sources. So I decided to share my response and post it in the blog with the idea that It would be a pointable place were we could list such staps, and if anyone reading this blog entry had their own suggestions, they are encouraged to post a comment with links.

Sound reasonable?

Ok, here were my suggestions:

The fellow I usually use is Ron Sabo/International Watchman:

http://www.internationalwatchman.com/home.html <---  Look under Watch Bands then Military

Here are some of Ron's more interesting Militaries:

The only rub against Ron (who's prices can't be beat) is that he has a $45-50 minimum order.  So so if you're a little short on your order, buy a $15 assortment of:

Spring bars... Sooner or later you know you'll shoot one across the room, might as well be prepared!

Another source that has been highle recommended to me is West Coast Time/Howard Marx. Who in addition to NATO's also offers British Regimental Color, Rhino and Zulu straps:

Lastly, but not least, there is always Military Watch Resource or MWR, who offer a wide variety of straps as well...

Well, those were my suggestions, do you have any to share? If so, please post a comment!

Thanks!

-- Chuck

6 Comments:

Blogger John F. Opie said...

Hi -

Well, for those not in the US, Eddie Platts over at TimeFactors is one heck of a good source:

http://www.timefactors.com/nato.htm

JohnF (from over at WUS, I mod the vintages with Ray...)

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 4:46:00 PM  
Blogger Speedmaster said...

Chuck, here's one more.
http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme%20gear/watches%20main/watch_accessories.htm

Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

www.countycomm.com
Has a fairly good selection of NATO straps. No minimum order.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:55:00 PM  
Blogger Chuck Maddox said...

Thank you everyone so far who's posted sources. I know that people do view this page and are perusing the sites recommended.

Cheers!

-- Chuck

Thursday, August 16, 2007 3:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love IWW, fantastic value and their repros of 40's canvas and pigskin bands are the closest I've found to original vintage. But I have not found their NATOs to wear as well as the MoD original spec's sold by westcoastime. BTW, those are stiffer, finer and more matte than many others, esp. the new Maratac G10/Natos sold on MWR, which I can also recommend highly. Great superfast service and value. INHO, original MoD specs are great on Speedy Pro's and other watches with finer dial and case detailing. The Maratac's are terrific on CYMA WWW (desert tan) as well as newer glossier dial watches. And beware, because of the odd sourcing of the regimentals, they vary from grosgrain ribbon thin to thicker than Maratac depending on the pattern.

Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:20:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron's 1 piece WWII canvas looks pretty cool. Thanks for the recommendation...

-JP

Friday, February 29, 2008 4:19:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home